Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Creative burn.

Hello all :-)
I am finally selling for real on www.madeit.com.au and I wanted to add a blog to go along with my itchy fingers. I am currently riding a wave of creativity which would be lovely except I am trying to complete my honours year in science, so whilst I'm being quite productive, it's not in the way my supervisors would like!

A bit about me for those that don't know:
My name is Katie, I'm married, a full-time student and part-time waitress, and I live in Adelaide, South Australia. I've been an internet nut for a long time and go by the name hearts_in_asia which gives a huge hint to where my head is most of the time. My boy and I have spent a lot of time backpacking around South East Asia and would like to live there someday. It's hard to choose where exactly, because we loved nearly all of it. Our next trip is planned for July, 2009, when we will be off to Japan and South Korea for an undetermined amount of time.

My art:
Asia not only influences how I'd like to live my life, but my creativity as well. I love and adore nearly everything Japanese but also draw heavily from other Asian influences and I will go into this more in the future. I love to sew, I paint, I collage, and I like to think I can write when I put my mind to it. I often wonder what I'm doing studying a science degree!

My little shop:
For the time being I've called my madeit.com shop 'Heart's Designs' as that was the uninspired name I put on my labels when I ordered them way back. I think Heart's Desire is a much better name though so when I run out of labels, I'll change it.
I'm selling handmade dolls and monkeys, as well as purses/pouches/clutches made from both new fabrics and vintage Japanese kimono and yukata fabrics.
Have a look here to see what I have available at the moment:
http://www.madeit.com.au/madeit/supplierdetail.asp?rsSupplierID=20688

I'm so excited to finally be up and running at last :)

Katie
x

1 comment:

nellbe said...

Well done Katie, looking forward to reading more!