Sunday, December 26, 2010

Purple Capsicums.

I picked a capsicum today, a purple one, although I think 'black' would almost be a better description as it was almost that dark and hardly purple at all. I have been eyeing it off for some time, wondering when would be the right time to pluck it from it's parent and today was the day.


When I cut it open I found it was a virulent green beneath the skin.


I stir fried it with zucchini, onion, garlic, and tomato. To be perfectly honest, it was a little on the bitter side, although still quite edible.


In other gardening news, we are mere days away from picking our first yellow zucchini.
I am astounded at how fast they have grown!


I caved in and bought a pink-flowered strawberry, which is very pretty indeed.


And the nasturtiums are doing beautifully. These are from the local nursery, and not from the nature strip. I wonder, though, if they'll self-seed everywhere and I'll regret the bright colours, as I have an idea for a 'black and white' garden and the fluorescent oranges here won't quite fit. I did splash out on both black and white nasturtiums recently, but they have no flowers just yet.

No comments: