Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Buckets of broccoli

I have no idea why my broccoli is doing so well as it never has before. The variety is Magic Dwarf, and eight individual plants has been enough to keep this little family of three in broccoli for over two months now. In fact, with a fridge crisper full and another bucket collected today, we're starting to get a little sick of eating it; Broccoli soup, broccoli salad, broccoli quiche... Broccoli pudding next? Fortunately -or not - I think we'll be back to buying it soon as our crop is starting to shoot and the season is ending. This means that summer is on its way and soon I will be muttering about gluts of tomatoes :)

14CC69C0-19A1-495F-8C87-20CDC3029A65-137-0000005F9D9F8377, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

1 comment:

Liz - Suburban Tomato said...

I don't think i could ever mutter about a glut of tomatoes, broccoli maybe but tomatoes? Never!