Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bits and bobs

Hello all :)

I'm supposed to be out doing field work but after 4 hours sleep last night - my mind wouldn't stop racing - my eyes are burning and so I thought 'bugger it, it can wait until tomorrow'. I thought I'd show you some of my favourite pieces I have for sale on madeit.com.au at the moment...

First up is the sweetest monkey I've made so far, she's waiting for someone to give her a name! Her ears are a little wonky but I think it adds to her charm.

Next a little purse I made with a 'snowstorm' vintage kimono silk, it's pretty basic but the fabric is gorgeous and the bow is just cute :P

This is another purse made from vintage kimono silk with a yellow obi-inspired detail. I call these my 'evening' purses because they're small-ish and pretty and made from beautiful fabrics.
And lastly, I just have to show you this wallet I made from vintage yukata cotton; the sunflower is amazing! I bought it off ebay and the seller sent me entirely the wrong piece (I think mine had lillies!) but I loved it so much I said it was fine and kept it.


In other news, I've designed some little thank-you/business cards to go in with my packages when I send them. It looks like this (below) but just in black and printed on cream-coloured card with a note and my email address on the back. That's a bit of a poxy small picture, sorry about that! One of the perils of working off two computers is that the picture you would like is always on the other machine...
In case you were wondering, the lotus is my own design after months and months of searching to find the 'right one' and I have it tattooed at the base of my neck.


That's all for now, stay tuned my fine-feathered-friends :)

No comments: