Friday, May 30, 2014

I caved in

I bought a climbing 'Dainty Bess' rose. It's early to be planting roses here, and I can find no information at all about the growth habit of the plant (eg best for pillar, arch, shed, or fence). I can only find masses of photos of this particularly pretty single pink rose. It's a terrible picture of the rose here, but a rather accurate picture of the label. I don't know who would ever chose this variety based on this particular label, which, incidentally, says 'climbing' on the front, and then 'grows to 1m' on the back. Hmmm. Anyway, I hope to be adding my own beautiful Dainty Bess pictures to the hundreds already online within a few years, and all things being even, I'll let you know if it's an appropriate climber for a west-facing fence, or a flop, or if I've planted a fence-swamping monster.


No comments: