Sunday, August 23, 2015

Growing cats in the potato tower

Or something... 



Actually, Jamie at Garden Amateur wrote in his most recent post (Garden Amateur) that his potato bags were sprouting, and so since we happened to plant our spuds on the same day I thought I'd check my potato tower, and Lo! Mine are sprouting too! Not many yet, I only found a couple over the whole thing, but at least I'm finally sure they haven't all just rotted away in there. 



Meanwhile, apples are planted, pears are planted, roses are 1/2 planted. I try not to moan too much, but sometimes it's so hard to get anything done when you have small children for company :/ But we did visit the Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens for the start of the yearly Magnolia bloom, and that was lovely and the kidlets hardly complained at all, despite falling into a bog and a long walk up a very steep hill. 


No comments: