Saturday, September 24, 2011

'Shrooms on Saturday night

Oh, oh, oh! Possibly the most boring photo I have ever posted on my little blog, but those little white balls may very well be my first mushrooms from my mushie kit! Easily mistaken for specks of styrofoam, these appeared as tiny specks yesterday and the largest is about 2mm across today. They are all squished up in the back left corner of the box.


In other good mushroom-kit news, the right hand side of the box finally looked 'frosted' about three days ago and I have covered it over with the remaining bedding mix and it all looks nice and homogeneous now.

So, kit was first set up (well, half of it!) on September the 13th.
First potential mushrooms spotted on Sept the 22nd.
First mushrooms harvested on...?

I'll keep you posted :)

No comments: