Sunday, August 21, 2011

Three colours of camellias

Last night MIL had a dinner party for over 20 people - she is the consummate host, my MIL - and when we set the tables we strew them with dozens of camellias from her garden. There is a gorgeous deep red with the occasional variegated white petals, a middling pink, and a light blush pink I'm especially fond of.



Everybody brought different courses of food and we all stuffed ourselves... and will again today with all the leftovers.


And I know I really should restrict my posts to single topics, but I couldn't resist putting this one in too. Look what one of MIL's friends has given me! Seed potatoes! Now, when MIL said someone had given her some potatoes to pass on, I assumed there would be perhaps half a dozen, but no, there are nearly 40 of them. Very generous indeed.


I don't' know what type of potato they are, but then I don't know exactly what any of my potatoes are since they weren't separately labelled so it doesn't really matter. We'll be having potato pot-luck in 6 months or so. What fun!

10 days to Spring!

1 comment:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

What a wonderful idea with the camellias. Looks like pink-fir eye potato. But I am no expert with potatoes and always forget to label which is which every time too.