Friday, February 18, 2011

W.I.P.s

So, what is a WIP? A WIP is a Work In Progress, an unfinished project, of which I have approximately 379 of stashed away in various cupboards and boxes. I have designated 2011 the Year of the WIP and it is my most sincere intention to get some of these projects completed (or binned, depending on my mood).

The other day, in a fit of madness, I tidyed our study and in doing so I came across one of these neglected ideas languishing in a battered shoebox. 


I'd started folding these paper cranes when I found out that I was pregnant with SP. I was going to make a mobile from them and hang the birds above the cot where they could dance in the wind. Sadly, that was never fully realised. 

When I pulled them out again I realised that something was missing. I had lots of red cranes, pink cranes, purple cranes, green cranes, but no blues, not even one.
So the very first thing I did was pull out my stash of beautiful, lovely, tactile Japanese papers. I have literally dozens of them. Some collected here in Adelaide, and quite a lot I brought home from Japan at the end of 2009. I find them hard to use. I don't want to waste them.


I started folding cranes again the other night in front of Midsomer Murders, lots of blues and few more greens and golds to round things out. 


I laid them out in their colour groups, took a few happy snaps, and then SP woke up and I had to whip them away lest they all be crushed by little hands!


They're not going to be a mobile, but I do have another idea (the evolving WIP!) and I hope it will be finished shortly and I can show you the finished product.

No comments: